Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So it begins...

Welcome fellow hockey lovers!

For a while, I've been reading some pretty AMAZING blogs (go check them out on the sidebar), which have inspired me to share my comments on the wonderful world of Buffalo sports fandom with whoever wants to listen. Don't expect anything eloquent or deeply profound, but if you're looking for emotionally guided commentary you've found the right place. If there's one thing I've learned about being a Buffalo fan, it's that we're pretty expressive people, so if you need a place to laugh, vent, or cry I'll be here.

The title of this blog comes from my favorite type of players. I've always been a big fan of the guys who fly under the radar on the scoresheet and just do their jobs. Nothing against the playmakers (that means you, Derek Roy), but my favorite players have always been the guys known for their grit and toughness rather than their flash: Michael Peca, Mike Grier, Jay McKee...Added to that mix now is the man I consider this Sabres team's ultimate mucker and grinder:

Saving the world, one PSA at a time...

Now, as much as I would love to make a blog entirely about the wonder that is the Goose, there will be others that will be featured prominently here:

Goose would be crushed if I did not spend time talking about his beloved best friend, "Captain Cuddly," Jason Pominville.

There will be much talk about everyone's favorite goalie/humanitarian/fashionista/blogger, Ryan Miller

And because we have to support our own, expect to see this young star a lot as well:

I believe I'm destined to become Mrs. Patrick Kane, he just doesn't know it yet...

Hopefully Muckers and Grinders can be a place to have fun and talk some hockey until our boys are back on the ice - That's when the real fun begins!







3 comments:

Anne said...

That picture of Goose clawing at Chris Neil's eyes is one of my favorite pictures of him ever. Excellent choice.

Katie said...

Glad you appreciated it! That picture never fails to make me smile, so I figured it must be shared with everyone who comes to visit.

dani said...

Wooo! Blogs are fun.