- Seeing Goose back on the ice again doing what Roby referred to as some "ferocious forechecking"
- The idea of Tim Connolly playing tomorrow. We've missed a good powerplay QB more than ever these last few games.
- Clarke MacArthur showing why he should have been on the roster to begin with.
- Captain Craig skating with the team. I never thought we would miss him as much as we do, but everything seems to be falling apart without him. If you didn't think he was really meant to be our captain, after these last two games I would like to think you would be singing a different tune. We lose him and our defense-first game falls apart. Coincidence? I'll leave that for you to decide.
- The disappearing act that is Jason Pominville and Derek Roy. I know they're both great players who are just off to rough starts, but I'm getting frustrated. Not to mention the fact that if either of them breaks another stick at a crucial moment, I'm going to have a coronary.
- The fact that I actually believe that Connolly will be back tomorrow and can make a difference for more than a game without breaking his jaw taking out his mouthguard.
- This Jekyll and Hyde show that the Sabres are pulling this season. It's so early that I still don't know who they really are. Were these last two games just them dressing up as a bad hockey team or were the first eight just them dressing up as a good one? I know this is another comment straight out of overreaction central, but I've seen too much in these last games that reminded me of last year. Old habits die hard, and I guess we're seeing the remains of that now. I can only hope tomorrow they put this costume away
On that conflicted note, I want to wish all of you a very happy Halloween. In the spirit of costumed good times, go check out Ryan's post over at the Roost because Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without a Sabre who thinks he is literally God's gift to the world.