Friday, June 20, 2008

Get the Party Started

Today's the day!

After dwelling on the sadness of life without major hockey news, today is like a ray of sunshine from those pesky hockey gods.

I'm not going to pretend to have any idea about what is going to happen at tonight's NHL Draft. There are so many things that can happen, but there are some things I would like to see:
  • Drafting a good stay-at-home defenseman. I know we wouldn't use him next season, but our supply of d-men in the AHL seems to be getting pretty thin if we call up Weber and Sekera full time next year (like I'm hoping we do).
  • Getting a little bigger in terms of size with our forward corps. Now, as a proud shortie who often refers to herself as the 8th dwarf, I have tons of love for our smaller boys like Royzie and Gerbe. However, my heart belongs to the guys like Goose, tall and tough.
  • Something BIG. I would love to see Darcy work his magic on a trade of some sort. I'm not a Max hater, but I do believe that a change of scenery would do both him and the Sabres a world of good. I'll miss his adorable Russian-ness and Road Runner-like speed, but I won't miss those times when he becomes a one-man turnover machine.

I can't wait to actually have pertinent Sabres news to talk about, but the best part about tonight is....

The Draft Party!

My best friend and I are going, and I am super excited for the sales and the Sabres Store - not to mention the locker room tours. Oh yeah, and the autographs! I'm still trying to think of who's going to be in town for the summer and would most likely be there. Outside of Kaleta, I really have no idea. I am hoping, however, that Rob Ray and Matt Barnaby will be there with the Sabres Alumni - they were two of my first "favorite Sabres."

If anyone else is going tonight and wants to meet up and commiserate about Goose being in Europe, let me know!

No comments: