Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Forever Young

Further proof that the Pittsburgh Penguins are really a team of highly-skilled, overgrown Timbits hockey players:
  • The pizza in the locker room in between overtime periods, which only would have been better if it would have been Pizza Hut personal pans like you got when you were a kid.

  • Their Captain looks 12 when he smiles, which I wish he would do more often.
The Chops are filling in nicely
  • Their goalie likes to pretend his water bottle is a super-soaker. Before Game 5 began, Marc-Andre Fleury squirted Al Sobotka, the famous octopus-twirler, with his water bottle. Here, Flower tries adorably to defend himself:
    "It was an accident. I just missed my mouth by a little bit," Fleury said. "I don't know. It was just at the game, he does it to us [swinging the octopus]. And after the first two games, I thought I'll give him a little something back. And we won, so it's good."

Flower is impressed with his own antics

Hopefully, the youth of the Penguins becomes their greatest asset tonight. With Gonchar probably nursing an injury, Orpik needing IVs to keep him going, and the obvious mental and physical drain that Game 5 was, maybe age will be on the side of Pittsburgh. Let's hope those tired bodies bounce back a little faster than those of the Wings.

If not, Flower might have to bust out the water bottle on his own teammates.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What's not to love about these boys?

Pizza, ha, that's great!

Sid's smile does look like a 12 year old, in that his front teeth are too big for his mouth. No smiling, just grinning would suit me just fine.

Flower squirting people with his water bottle, HILARIOUS!!! And highly less offensive than slinging a dead octopus around. That's just gross.

Here's hoping for the BEST game of the series for the Pens tonight!

Katie said...

What's not to love about these boys?

Only the fact that they're not Sabres! :)

Here's hoping for the BEST game of the series for the Pens tonight!

Ditto! I won't be hone until around 9:45 (sometime during the 2nd period I think), and I hope the Pens have a nice lead for me to watch them protect!

Unknown said...

The pizza in the locker room in between overtime periods, which only would have been better if it would have been Pizza Hut personal pans like you got when you were a kid.

Even better if the pizzas would've been paid for using "Book It" coupons.

Katie said...

Amy, that's exactly what I was going for - I miss those things! haha