Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Guess Who's Back!

I've returned to the land of the blogging!

The family and I had an excellent time in Myrtle Beach soaking up the sun. We even got to take a side trip to Duke University because my sister and I are such huge Blue Devils fans. Let me just say that I had a serious case of college envy after that trip.

Not that Canisius isn't a lovely school, which it is. I'm back in full swing now, so hopefully I can still keep this blog running even when I'm already behind in my reading (don't tell my professors...).

Now, onto more interesting matters than "How I Spent my Summer Vacation."

I watched more Olympic coverage than I ever thought possible on my trip. I jumped up and down like a kid on Christmas when Michael Phelps won his eighth gold. I laughed at the excitement of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh when they won. I envied the grace and skill of Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson. I comforted my sister when the women's softball team lost the gold medal game to Japan in what was their final Olympic appearance. I surprised myself by getting goosebumps watching "The Redeem Team" sing our national anthem.

Those days are gone now, and we sports fans find ourselves with only football preseason and the hope of hockey news to get us by.

The first option is not my favorite. I find the preseason far too long and meaningless, especially after the starters get taken out. It made me happy to see JP Losman out there again, and I love any chance I get to see Poz, but I can't wait for the real games to start.

The second option, hockey news, has been a disappointment. I was sure that someone would call me while I was away with the glorious news of a Jason Pominville contract extension. Alas, that has yet to be the case. Come on, Darcy! My poor heart cannot take the strain of worry that some crazy person is going to make an offer sheet next summer that will separate Goose and his BFF forever!

However, there has been some positive Pommer news lately. Just as I have returned to the blogging fold, so has our beloved Captain! Thanks to Anne for finding the link!

Cute and he blogs, what more can a girl ask for?

I love some of his answers. It's good to know that other players have noticed how much he looks like a poodle as well. Although I think he looks more like my fluffy golden retriever mascot that shares his name.

Tomorrow I hope to preview the big Buffalo Blogger League fantasy football draft coming up on Friday. This brings me to a very important request - if anyone has any good tips for me, please send them my way. I am such a terrible drafter!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Jake Plummer is going to have a big year, I hear...

dani said...

Shawn Johnson is cuter than puppies!

Katie said...

Thanks for the tip, Ryan. If the league turns out to be for washed up QBs with 1970s facial hair, he's so my number 1 pick.

Katie said...

Dani, I think Shawn Johnson is cuter than puppies snuggling under rainbows in fields of daisies. Yes, she's that criminally adorable.