Saturday, August 2, 2008

100 Things: Episode III

The family and I went to training camp for the Bills yesterday and had a blast. I took a lot of pictures, which will hopefully be up sometime tomorrow or Monday, as I'm going to Rochester for another softball tournament for my sister overnight.

To tide you over until I can provide you with a Paul Posluszny fix, I bring you the continuation of "100 Things - Katie Style":

51.) I believe that I learned about the two sides of the human race from my two favorite books - To Kill a Mockingbird (the good side of humanity) and The Great Gatsby (the dark side).

52.) I can quote every line in the film That Thing You Do! (including all of the songs).

53.) I'm a constant worrier.

54.) I've visited the campus of Duke University twice (with a third time coming in about 2 weeks). It was my dream school, but I didn't get accepted.

55.) If I could go back to any time in my life, it would be the last six months of my Senior year of high school and the summer before college.

56.) I'm a musical theater junkie. I've seen RENT, Wicked, and Mama Mia two times each (and I'm hopefully going to see RENT a third time this January). Those three are probably my favorite shows, with Aida thrown in as well.

57.) My first crush was on Zach Morris on Saved by the Bell.

58.) If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one food with me, it would be Buffalo Wing Goldfish crackers.

59.) The 24-hours from 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve to 4 p.m. on Christmas Day is my favorite day of the year.

60.) I go to Church every week. There's just something so peaceful about it.

61.) My favorite poem is "I Carry Your Heart With Me" by ee cummings. I used it to close my Valedictorian speech at my graduation.

62.) My top five favorite songs (at the moment) are: "Let it Be" (The Beatles), "Hallelujah" (the Rufus Wainwright version), "Sexyback" (Justin Timberlake), "Lifetime" (Beth Hart), and "She Will be Loved" (Maroon 5).

63.) I come from a very close, very proud, Polish family. My two oldest cousins on my mom's side are like my big brothers, and we all get together once a week for dinner at my grandma's house (and a hockey game when it's during the season).

64.) I'm addicted to Facebook.

65.) I go see every Pixar movie that comes out. Wall-E and Finding Nemo are the best.

66.) I love Audrey Hepburn. I have a purse, a makeup case, a charcoal sketch, and a calendar of her. To me, she epitomizes glamour and class.

67.) I wrote a 28-page paper during my Junior year of high school on women in the 1920s. Sometimes I wish I could have been a flapper.

68.) I believe F. Scott Fitzgerald was right when he wrote: "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." It's my favorite season.

69.) One of the most rewarding experiences of my life was dancing onstage in Disney World with my competition team last summer.

70.) My nervous habit is biting my lip or playing with my earrings.

71.) I still have the same group of best friends that I had in high school, and we try to get together as much as possible.

72.) I can't cook. I guess I can follow recipes, but I'm no Betty Crocker.

73.) Kathy Griffin is my favorite comedian.

74.) One of my favorite things to do is walk through the Quad at Canisius in late summer or early fall, in the morning when there's practically no one there. It makes me glad that I chose that school.

75.) I drive a black 2008 Chevy Cobalt and my best friend has a matching blue one (she got hers first).

2 comments:

dani said...

I play with my earring too. I don't know why. That's when you know I'm freaking out inside. And TKAM is an amazing book.

Poz!

Katie said...

I play with my earring too. I don't know why. That's when you know I'm freaking out inside.

The worst is when I don't have any in my ears, and then I look ridiculous touching just the holes!