Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jason Pominville Appreciation Post

Happy 26th Birthday, Pommer!
WooHoo!!


To My Lovely Pommer on your Birthday,

I hope you are thoroughly enjoying spending a day off with your very attractive girlfriend and all of your Sabre-bros. I'm sure that Goose got you a special new blanket for nap buddy time and Ryan played you a nice birthday song on the guitar. I hope Spacho let you be Pigeon of the Day at practice today. I also hope you did not ruin your birthday by watching that horrid Bills game that I will not even acknowledge with more than a sentence.

Here's to a hat trick tomorrow to celebrate, and I hope you didn't go Soupy-style in your celebrating downtown to the point that I can find youtube videos of you and Goose playing some bad cover song and yelling obscenities. Although I think you would indulge with cupcakes and milk rather than rum and Coke.

~Katie~


In addition to these birthday wishes for everyone's favorite "system-abiding" Sabre, I promised to reveal why I chose his jersey over all the other candidates. When push came to shove, it was the most logical choice. Cap'n Craig and I have been fighting lately (really since he stopped fighting with people on the other team). I still wonder if he's playing hurt, but back to Pommer.

With Pommer's jersey, I still get my dream of having a letter on the front (albeit an "A" rather than a "C"), and he is part of The Core that we all love so much and the Trio (Goose, Pommer, and Miller) that I hold so dear. He does a lot of work in the community and just seems like a genuinely good person. Add to that the fact that he is pretty sweet on the ice as well and that he's my sister's favorite, and I made my decision rather quickly under growing pressure from my mother.

So now I will have the two best roomies ever side-by-side in my room (or at least their jerseys...)
Finally, no Jason Pominville Appreciation Post would be complete without this picture:

I hope you don't have this much trouble with your party hat, Jason!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Cute picture of you two!

Shelby said...

I agree with Caroline, very cute! (:
Milk and cupcakes would definitely be Pommers food and drink of choice for his birthday. I hope he gave his room buddy a call, or vice versa.

Katie said...

Cute picture of you two!

Thanks, Caroline; I think it's impossible to have a picture of Pommer that's not cute (even if I'm in it)!

Katie said...

I hope he gave his room buddy a call, or vice versa.

I really hope Goose called him and sang a terribly off-key version of "Happy Birthday" - that seems like something he would do!

dani said...

Awww! Pommers and Katie!!!!! All its missing is the nap buddy and Sabre Sister... :P

Good birthday post!

Unknown said...

I can find youtube videos of you and Goose playing some bad cover song and yelling obscenities.

That would be the best YouTube video ever!

I could also totally picture our little Goose and Pommers rocking out with Guitar Hero while enjoying their milk and cupcakes.

And that it such a cute picture of you and Pommers.

Katie said...

All its missing is the nap buddy and Sabre Sister... :P

So true! We could be the quartet of cuteness! haha

Katie said...

And that it such a cute picture of you and Pommers.

Thanks, Amy!

I could also totally picture our little Goose and Pommers rocking out with Guitar Hero while enjoying their milk and cupcakes.

This is the perfect image! They are like the G-rated Ryan and Soupy, only much more cuddly! haha