Friday, July 18, 2008

Too Many Games...Too Little Money

First and foremost...

This is Danny Paille's happy face. He's happy because we just signed him for another two years, and I'm happy, too! I felt like a proud mother hen watching him go above and beyond the call of duty so many times last year, and I can't wait to see what the next two years will bring with his work ethic and visible passion for the game.

I love Danny because he seems like such a regular guy; so much so that when my friend and I walked past him in the arena after an open skate, we just kept walking. We only stopped after it dawned on me that the really attractive guy in the dress coat looked familiar...kind of like Danny Paille.

If you're craving more Pie after this news, here's a WGR interview with him on Schopp and the Bulldog. I didn't appreciate how they almost seemed to be talking down to him. Now, we in the blogging community talk about Danny like he's a adorable kindergartner leaning to tie his skates, but I think we all know that he's about 10,000 times cooler than we are. However, listen to this interview if only to hear little Danny profess his love for his mentor - Guess who that is...

Danny says that he wants to be a leader just like Goose is, and he really likes playing on a line with him. Well who wouldn't?

In other Sabre-news, the NHL released its 2008-2009 schedule yesterday. Let's just say there are about 20 games I NEED to see, and with my budget, that list needs to get cut to about 4. All I know is that, on October 17, my favorite team in the West, the Canucks, are coming to HSBC. I think I may cry if I have to watch Roberto Luongo, Taylor Pyatt, and Big Bear only from my living room.

Stop by tomorrow as I actively try to figure out which games I simply have to see for my own personal sanity (Canucks, Pens) and which would just be icing on the cake of my season (Do I need to see the Ducks, no matter how much I like Ryan Getzlaf?).

Finally, a Happy Belated Birthday to everyone's favorite hippie goalie, Ryan Miller. For your birthday, Millsie, I virtually give you all the skinny jeans and Kashi granola you can handle. Oh yeah, and that massive contract extension that should have been done yesterday. And if you haven't learned from Soupy's mistakes, I wish you all the hangover remedies in the world.


Little Millsey's all grown up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.